eaturing broad coverage of every aspect of this leading database language, SQL: The Complete Reference
provides you with an overview of SQLthen shows you how to retrieve and update data, program with SQL, use stored procedures, and much more. Covering emerging standards and new related technologiesincluding XML, Web services, EJB, J2EE, and JDBCthis exhaustive resource will help you gain the knowledge and essential skills you need to effectively work with SQL.
- Master SQL basics and use simple, multi-table, and summary queries
- Understand key concepts and the latest developments in relational database technology
- Set up and manage SQL-based databases and write programs to access them
- Create and use the sample database to run the SQL query examples in the book
- Find out about Xpath, Xquery, and other XML-based database query standards
- Discover how J2EE-based applications relate to data management
- Use and program SQL databases with application servers to create powerful Web applications
- Preview the future of SQLincluding mySQL and the impact of XML and Web Services
Chapter 9: discusses what subqueries are and how to use them, subquery search conditions, joins, nested and correlated subqueries, advanced queries in SQL2, and much more.
Download the PDF of Chapter 9: "Subqueries and Query Expressions"
Reproduced from SQL: The Complete Reference, Second Edition by permission of Osborne McGraw-Hill. ISBN 0072225599, copyright 2002. All rights reserved.