Disclaimer: Please remember, that, although this information is up-to-date and accurate, we are not attorneys, and this is not legal advice. If you have a question that requires legal advice, please consult your attorney.
In this section we'll discuss Copyright law--what it is, what it applies to, how to obtain copyright for your original material, how to obtain a license for someone elses' material, how you can you can use copywritten material without a license (Fair Use). We also provide a reference guide to current copyright law, and a list of links for more information on Copyrighting.
- What Is Copyright? introduces the term and explains what's covered by Copyright.
- Copyrighting Your Work explains how to ensure work you've created is protected by Copyright law.
- Licensing Material shows you where to go to get licenses so that you may use copywritten material.
- Fair Use explains under what circumstances you can use copywritten material without permission.
- Copyright Reference contains a reference table of current Copyright law, and provides links to places you can obtain more Copyright information.