Operators are mathematical verbs. They set, calculate, compare, or evaluate values. For example, if you want to assign a value to a variable, you would use the equal sign operator, like this:
fred = 100
This sets the variable "visits" to equal the variable "clicks" multipled by 2.
visits = clicks * 2
This compares the value of the variable "current" to see if it greater than or equal to 100.
current >= 100
Some common events include:
- mouseover: the reader putting the cursor over a link
- mouseout: the reader removing the cursor from a link
- click: the reader clicking on an option
- submit: the reader submitting a form for processing.
Some common event handlers include:
- onmouseover: when the reader puts the cursor over a link
- onmouseout: when the reader removes the cursor from a link
- onclick: when the reader clicks on an option
- onsubmit: when the reader submits a form for processing.