To secure a Jet database, you must purchase Access 2 for VB3/VB3-16
or Access 95 for VB4-32 and follow these steps:
- Use the Access Workgroup Administrator to create a new workgroup
with a non-null Workgroup ID.
- Start Access and set a password for the default Admin account.
- Create a new user account, adding it to the Admins group so
it will have administer privileges. Remove the Admin account from
the Admins group.
- Restart Access, logging on as the new user, and set a password.
- Run the Access Security Wizard. (For Access 2, download a
copy from http://www.microsoft.com/accdev.)
- Create the user and group accounts for the workgroup.
- Set permissions on objects for the group accounts. Don't assign
any permissions to the built-in Admin user or Users group accounts.
Don't skip any of these steps!