Login | Register   
RSS Feed
Download our iPhone app
Browse DevX
Sign up for e-mail newsletters from DevX

Tip of the Day
Language: Applets
Expertise: Beginner
Dec 4, 1998

Applet Filename Change Problem

I have a Java applet I got off the Internet that I want to use on my server. I have tested it on my computer and it works fine, but my server only allows three-letter extensions, so when I load the files onto the server, it doesn't recognize the applet file.

To get around this, either store the applet files in a .zip file, a .cab file, or a .jar file, depending on the types of browsers you plan on supporting. I suggest storing the files in an uncompressed zip file to support the largest number of clients. Then use the archive option of the applet tag. To support both .zip and .cab file browsers, you could do something like the following:

DevX Pro
Comment and Contribute






(Maximum characters: 1200). You have 1200 characters left.