I use Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000. Some users are getting duplicate Internet e-mails. I can't find out why. Recipients in Exchange have only one SMTP address and one listing in the GAB. Do you have any thoughts on this?
There are a couple of things that come to mind:
- Make sure your users don't have any rules set to copy the messages.
- Make sure your users aren't set, in Exchange Administrator, as alternate recipients for themselves.
- Along the same lines, make sure they haven't set themselves up as delegates for themselves in Outlook.
- Check the headers of the messages and make sure they aren't simply listed twice in the TO or CC fields.
- If the messages aren't coming in simultaneously and/or if it only happens from some Internet senders, make sure that the other party isn't just sending two copies at different times.
From the information you've offered, these ideas would be the first things that come to mind.