How does a person in my office forward certain e-mails from his account in the office to his external e-mail account?
Sounds to me like Auto-Replies to the Internet is disabled:
- Go to your Exchange server and start the Exchange Administrator program.
- Drill down to the site and select the Connection collection and the Internet Mail Service object.
- Go to the properties for that, and select the Internet Mail tab.
- Click the "Advanced" button and you'll see checkboxes for disabling Out-of-Office Replies and Automatic Replies to the Internet.
- Uncheck Automatic Replies.