Can you create a HTML or RTF file in Visual FoxPro? If so, how?
VFP comes with a program (called GENHTML.PRG) that can generate HTML from many different sources: tables, reports, menus, forms, etc.
VFP keeps the name and path of this program in a system memory variable called _GENHTML. You can view the code by executing the following command from the command window:
MODIFY COMMAND (_GENHTML)
Here is the list of parameters for _GENHTML:
- cOutFile: Specifies the name of the output .HTM file. If a filename without an extension is specified, .HTM is used.
- vSource: Specifies the source filename, alias, or object (can pass the name of a table, screen, report, menu, or an object).
- 0/.F./Empty = Generate output file only
- 1 = Create output file and view generated file
- 2 = Create output file and show generated file in Internet Explorer
- 3 = Create output file and show based on Save As HTML dialog selection
- 4 = Create PUBLIC _oHTML object and generate file
- 5 = Create PUBLIC _oHTML object without generating file
- vIELink: Specifies a link to Internet Explorer object or Web browser control:
- F./Empty = No link is created
- .T. = Automatically creates instance of Internet Explorer
- cStyle: Specifies Style ID reference in GenHTML.dbf.
- cScope: Specifies the scope of scan by setting .cScope.
- cHTMLClass: Specifies the class and, optionally, the class library and module that is instantiated for HTML object.
So to send a report named MyReport.FRX to an .HTM file named MyHTML.HTM and show it in Internet Explorer, execute the following command:
DO (_GENHTML) WITH "MyHTML.HTM","MyReport.FRX",2
The cStyle parameter allows you to apply style sheets to the generated text.