eWeek recently conducted an interview with Simon Aspinall, chief of vertical markets, strategy and marketing at Virtustream. He identified ten market forces that are influencing enterprise cloud computing this year:
- Heightened security, compliance issues remain top concerns.
- Data protection techniques drive national clouds.
- Merger and acquisition activity continues to heat up.
- OpenStack is not yet ready to be welcomed by the enterprise.
- Rigorous demands will drive competition away from OpenStack.
- Division will drive specialized clouds.
- The cloud market is growing at unprecedented rate.
- Mission-critical apps are being transferred to clouds.
- Performance enhancements are driving efficiency.
- Cloud brokerages will be in high demand.