Counterpoint technology has released a new research report that sums up the state of the U.S. smartphone market in the first quarter of 2014. Key takeaways include the following:
- Smartphones now account for 87 of all phones sold in the U.S.
- Apple is the most popular smartphone vendor with 36.9 percent of the market, followed by Samsung with 33.1 percent of the market.
- When feature phones are counted along with smartphones, Samsung is the most popular phone vendor.
- Android is the most popular smartphone operating system, accounting for 59 percent of smartphones shipped during the quarter.
- Windows Phone’s share of the market increased to 4 percent in the first quarter.