It’s no secret that one of the biggest IT trends of the last few years has been big data. It’s more than just a buzzword—the volume, variety and velocity of data in today’s enterprises is presenting challenges and opportunities for business and IT leaders.
So what is likely to happen next in the realm of big data? GigaOm has put together a list:
- Hadoop is becoming a true platform.
- Artificial intelligence is finally becoming something of a reality.
- New tools are making it possible for ordinary people to use analytics.
- Big data and cloud computing are intersecting in a major way.
- The legal system will attempt to develop and impose new rules.