- Annotated JMS listener methods
- Comprehensive support for JCache annotations
- Flexible resolution and transformation of static Web resources
- MVC views improvements, including declarative resolution, Groovy markup templates, Jackson’s JsonView
- WebSocket refinements, such as WebSocket scope, SockJS client support, WebSocket stats
- SpEL compiler mode
- Concurrency fine-tuning across the container
Spring 4.1 had been in a release candidate phase since July. Pivotal launched the last major release, Spring 4.0, in December 2013.