It’s no surprise that consumers are using the Internet and Web apps in new ways. But this set of slides adds more detail about Americans’ online activities:
- Nearly nine in ten Americans have Internet access from some location.
- 27 percent of American households (69 million) watched Internet video at least once during a survey week.
- One-third of all Americans and nearly two-thirds of teens and twenty-somethings have a social networking profile.
- The number of Americans who know what MySpace is exceeds the number of Americans who use the Internet.
- More than a quarter of Americans know what Twitter is.