Exchange/Outlook Client Lockup

I’ve got a mailbox on our Exchange 5.5 server that locks up Outlook 2000 client after running for a period of time. I’ve tried it on multiple machines so as to eliminate Outlook as the culprit. The CPU utilization for Outlook after a period of time spikes to 99%.

Are there any utilities to repair an Exchange mailbox, or do you have any other suggestions for correcting this problem? I’ve reviewed the Microsoft Knowledge Base and don’t see any items that address this issue.

It’s tough to diagnose without more information, but here are the things I’d wonder about:

  • Did the other machines lock up as well? (I’m guessing yes, though you didn’t say.)
  • Does this happen with any other mailboxes?
  • Does this mailbox have a large number of Rules associated with it?
  • Does this mailbox have a lot of items/folders in it?
  • Does the Event Viewer on the Exchange Server show any unusual items or trouble spots?

I’d check those things and see if any of them point to a reason.

Share the Post:
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin


The Latest

chrome os developer mode

How to Turn on Chrome OS Developer Mode

Google’s Chrome OS is a popular operating system that is widely used on Chromebooks and other devices. While it is designed to be simple and user-friendly, there are times when users may want to access additional features and functionality. One way to do this is by turning on Chrome OS

homes in the real estate industry

Exploring the Latest Tech Trends Impacting the Real Estate Industry

The real estate industry is changing thanks to the newest technological advancements. These new developments — from blockchain and AI to virtual reality and 3D printing — are poised to change how we buy and sell homes. Real estate brokers, buyers, sellers, wholesale real estate professionals, fix and flippers, and beyond may

man on floor with data

DevX Quick Guide to Data Ingestion

One of the biggest trends of the 21st century is the massive surge in internet usage. With major innovations such as smart technology, social media, and online shopping sites, the internet has become an essential part of everyday life for a large portion of the population. Due to this internet