Here’s how to open a folder using a keyboard shortcut in Windows 2000 Pro:
- Select the folder.
- Create a shortcut and place it on the desktop.
- Rightclick the new shortcut, and then click Properties.
- The dialog box will show a Shortcut option. Next to it, None will be displayed. Type any character in the dialog. It will automatically be prefaced with Ctrl+Alt.
- Thus, your shortcut will be Ctrl+Alt+<whatever character you typed>.
- Close the window.
- Your shortcut will take effect immediately.