The ability of Windows XP to save passwords for Web sites and network resources can be very convenient. Of course, it's true that anyone with access to your computer can log into stored-credentials sites, but only if they can log onto your computer as you
so the risk is minimal for people who logoff or lock their machines when they aren't present.
Follow these steps to access the interface where you add, remove, or edit saved passwords:
- Click Start and select Run.
- In the Open field, type rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr.
- Once the interface with the stored usernames and passwords opens, select the entries and select Properties to view the existing information.
- To remove a saved password, select one of the entries and select Remove. A confirmation screen will appear. Click OK and the account will be removed.
- You can add additional saved passwords by clicking on the Add button and entering the appropriate information.
- Repeat the steps above as needed to add, remove, or edit saved passwords.
- When you are done using the interface click the Close button.