Microsoft’s Amitabh Srivastava says Azure surpasses other cloud platforms because it has targeted developers from the very beginning. “We support any language and multiple frameworks. We provide a rich ecosystem of technology or you can use open-source software like MySQL or Apache. Our approach is we don’t put any shackles on the developer,” says Srivastava.
Here’s a quick overview of what Redmond says attracts developers to Azure:
- .Net and Visual Studio integration means Azure has a low adoption curve.
- It supports multiple languages and tools including PHP, Tomcat, Eclipse and MySQL.
- It can be deployed on- or off-premises.
- It reduces IT management costs.
- Azure offers tools for cloud application development like Windows Azure Content Delivery
- Network, IntelliTrace in Visual Studio and SQL Azure Database.