This week, the Bing search engine will begin powering some Yahoo searches, and the company is finally revealing what that deal will mean for Yahoo’s developer tools. Here’s a quick summary:
- The SearchMonkey semantic search program will close October 1.
- Build Your Own Search Service (BOSS) will become a paid service and will show Bing results.
- Some Geo, Maps, and Local APIs will be shut down, but some will live on.
- MyBlogLog APIs will be discontinued.
- The Yahoo Query Language (YQL) will continue to be used.
- The Delicious social bookmarking site will also live on.