Several vendors recently made announcements related to DevOps and Agile software development, and eWeek put together a quick rundown:
- Shippable launched an updated version of its continuous deployment software that includes release management, multi-cloud support, a declarative pipeline language and a unified view across all application pipelines.
- Unisys has signed a $232 million contract to build new software for the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) in a cloud computing-based DevOps environment. In July, it signed a similar $12.6 million contract with the U.S. General Services Administration’s (GSA) Public Buildings Service (PBS).
- Gartner said that the market for application release automation (ARA) software grew from $20 million in 2010 to $219.7 million in 2015 and will continue to grow 20 percent per year through 2020. It also said that CA Technologies’ CA Release Automation is a leader in the ARA market.
- GitLab released an Agile software development tool called Issue Board that provides real-time visibility of project issues.
- Scrum.org hired Kurt Bittner as vice president of enterprise solutions.
- Blueprint Software released Storyteller for JIRA, which automatically generates user stories and acceptance criteria and pushes them into the JIRA project management software.