Facebook has announced that it will release deep learning modules for its Torch artificial intelligence (AI) project under an open source license. Specifically, it will release the following:
- GPU-optimized modules for convolutional networks, natural language processing and speech recognition
- Containers for using multiple GPUs simultaneously
- An optimized lookup table
- A model for speeding up training
- A cross-map pooling technique
Industry watchers say that continued open source development of these AI tools could help speed advances in the field and make deep learning relevant to enterprises in the near future.