Most of the mobile development industry is aware that China represents a huge market for their apps. However, few Western developers understand the market and how to sell their apps there. A ReadWrite post by Dominique Tu offers seven things developers should know:
- Localization is about a lot more than just language.
- Cloud technology exists in China, but still at a basic level.
- In China, app stores take their 30% cut … and so does the Chinese government.
- Credit cards and most other western payment methods are not common in China.
- People assume there are no rules in China, but there are many.
- Many app stores for many purposes.
- Even if you haven’t published your app in China, your app is probably there already.