Experience the pinnacle of wireless gaming audio with the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless, a high-end gaming headset engineered to deliver uncompromising sound quality, comfort, and immersive gaming experiences. Turtle Beach, renowned for its gaming audio expertise, has crafted the Elite 800 Wireless with cutting-edge features and advanced technology, setting a new standard for gaming headsets.
With its sleek design, premium materials, and a host of customizable features, this headset promises to elevate your gaming encounters to a whole new level.
In this comprehensive review, we will delve into the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless’ gaming performance, audio quality, comfort, design, and overall user experience.
Whether you’re a competitive gamer seeking precision audio cues or an avid gamer looking to immerse yourself in rich, 3D soundscapes, join us as we explore how the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless redefines the gaming audio landscape.
What is the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless
The Turtle Beach Elite 800 wireless gaming headphones are a high-end product designed for gaming and multimedia use. They feature wireless connectivity, active noise-cancellation, DTS surround sound, and a customizable audio EQ. They also have a built-in microphone for voice communication and touch controls for adjusting audio settings. These headphones are compatible with a variety of devices including consoles, PCs, and mobile devices.
- Price Range: $200-$300
- Rating: 4 out of 5
- DTS Headphone: X 7.1 Surround Sound: The Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless provides a stunning, 360-degree sound stage with precise, positional audio. This feature greatly enhances the gaming experience, making you feel like you are truly in the center of the action.
- Active Noise Cancellation: This wireless headset features active noise cancellation that helps to cut out background noise. This ensures clear, high-quality sound and allows users to focus entirely on their gameplay, movie, or music.
- High Quality, Comfortable Design: The Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless is designed with plush, comfortable synthetic leather and delivers excellent sound quality. It offers a rechargeable battery for long-lasting usage and has magnetic charging stand for easy charging.
You may want to use the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless to…
The Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless is a versatile gaming headset that can serve multiple uses. Here are a few example use cases:
1. Gaming: Being a high-quality wireless gaming headset, it provides a superior immersive sound experience. Designed for PS4 and PS4 Pro, it allows gamers to hear every detail in games, making the gaming experience more enjoyable.
2. Watching Movies/TV Shows: The DTS 7.1 surround sound creates a 3-dimensional audio experience, making it great for watching movies and television shows. The interactive dialogue and directional sounds in a movie can be enjoyed more deeply with this headset.
3. Listening to Music: The multiple EQ presets including bass boost, treble boost and others, can enhance musical experience depending on the genre being listened to. They deliver powerful audio with crystal-clear highs, roaring lows, and everything in-between.
4. Making Calls: The noise-cancellation feature ensures that environmental sounds do not interfere with the clarity of calls. The built-in microphone is great for online chatting or when attending video conference calls.
5. Streaming: Streamers could use these when broadcasting their live gameplay. Providing high-quality, crisp sound to their viewers while keeping the audio free from any background disturbances.
6. VR Experience: The 3D audio will augment the immersion for Virtual Reality gaming, increasing the overall VR experience.
- DTS Headphone: This provides 7.1 channel surround sound for a highly immersive gaming experience.
- Active Noise Cancellation: This feature helps to block out external noise, enhancing your game play or media experience.
- Wireless Transmission: It supports uninterrupted wireless signals over a large area.
- Magnetic Charging Stand: For effortless charging and stylish storage of your headset when not in use.
- Mic Monitoring: This feature lets you hear the volume of your voice inside the headset to avoid shouting at other players.
- Dynamic Chat Boost: Automatically increases chat volume during loud situations to ensure clear communication with other players.
- Invisible Microphones: Dual hidden microphones with environmental presets to ensure crystal clear communication.
- Built-in Bluetooth: Allows you to take calls and stream music from your mobile device while gaming.
- High Quality Audio: Delivers premium sound quality for both game audio and chat audio.
- Comfortable Design: Superior comfort for extended game play with its plush synthetic leather-wrapped headband and ear-cushions.
Pros and Cons
Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless is a widely recognized gaming headset, offering a variety of features that cater to dedicated gamers. Below, we’ll explore some of the pros and cons of this device:
- Wireless Connectivity: This headset is wireless and allows for easy movement and reduction of cable clutter.
- High Quality Audio: The Elite 800 offers 7.1 surround sound, providing an immersive gaming experience.
- Noise Cancellation: Active noise cancellation is a major selling point, allowing you to focus on your games without external disturbances.
- Comfort: Many users find these headphones to be comfortable, even when used for extended periods.
- Versatility: The Elite 800 can be used with various platforms, including consoles and PCs, making it a versatile option for gamers.
- Presets: It offers DTS headphone presets that can enhance different aspects of the audio.
- Comes with a magnetic charging stand.
- Price: The Elite 800 is on the higher end of the price scale in comparison to other gaming headsets.
- Battery Life: Some people find the headset’s battery life to be lacking, especially with heavy use.
- Build Quality: Some users have reported durability issues over a longer period of use.
- Connectivity issues: There have been reports of intermittent connection losses which can interrupt gaming experiences.
- Mic Quality: While the audio playback is high in quality, some users have noted that the microphone quality is not the best.
- Weight: Some users find the headset to be slightly heavy which may affect comfort over long periods of gaming.
- Complex controls: The controls can be a bit complex for some users.
The Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless headset faces stiff competition from comparable products such as the Astro A50 Wireless, the SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless, and the Razer Nari Ultimate.The Astro A50 Wireless is a premium headset often considered a direct competitor to the Elite 800 Wireless. It offers Dolby Digital 7.1 surround sound and is known for its exceptional audio performance with robust hard-hitting soundscapes that favour in-depth audio immersion. It also includes a base station that acts both as a charger and a wireless base for transmitting audio. Design-wise, the Astro A50 is very comfortable with adjustable and well-padded ear cups but slightly bulkier compared to the sleek Elite 800. One noticeable difference is that Astro A50 lacks the noise cancellation feature that is present in the Elite 800, which may adversely impact gamers who require this attribute.
The SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless, on the other hand, is lauded for its superior sound quality and dual battery charging system, ensuring nearly uninterrupted usage. Standing out with its luxurious materials and design, the Arctis Pro Wireless comes with an intuitive OLED display for adjusting settings on-the-fly. Its audio is crisp, clear, and well-balanced, equally performing well across all gaming, music, and movie scenarios. Its multi-platform compatibility is a strength, but Turtle Beach’s Elite 800 has an edge with its Superhuman Hearing setting, designed to boost quiet sounds, providing a slight advantage for discerning gamers.
Razer Nari Ultimate is well-regarded for its HyperSense haptic technology that offers a unique immersive experience by converting sound signals into dynamic touch-sensory feedback in real-time. It has an auto-adjusting headband and swiveling ear cups for comfort during long gaming sessions. The Nari Ultimate has THX Spatial Audio, over-ear cooling cushions, and it’s wireless. It also has a game/chat balance that the Elite 800 lacks. However, the battery life is significantly lesser than the Elite 800 leading to more frequent charging intervals.All three competitors offer unique features that might appeal to different users based on their specific needs, but the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless holds its own with elements like the Superhuman Hearing setting and excellent noise cancellation.
How we tested
To provide an objective and comprehensive evaluation of the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless, we conducted a series of meticulous tests to assess its gaming performance and audio capabilities. Our testing process covered several critical aspects of the headset’s capabilities:
- Gaming Performance: We extensively tested the headset in various gaming scenarios, including fast-paced shooters, immersive RPGs, and competitive multiplayer games. Our aim was to evaluate its positional audio accuracy and overall gaming performance.
- Audio Quality: We conducted detailed listening sessions with a variety of audio content, including music, movies, and gaming soundtracks, to assess the headset’s audio fidelity and overall sound signature.
- Comfort and Fit: We evaluated the comfort and fit of the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless during extended gaming sessions to ensure they remain comfortable and stable on the head.
- Design and Build Quality: We inspected the headset’s design aesthetics, build materials, and durability to assess their suitability for long-term use and portability.
- Noise Isolation: We tested the headset’s noise isolation capabilities to determine their effectiveness in reducing external distractions and enhancing audio immersion.
- Controls and Customization: We explored the ease of use of the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless’ controls and evaluated the efficiency of its customizable audio settings and presets.
- Wireless Connectivity and Battery Life: We assessed the headset’s wireless connectivity range and stability, as well as conducted battery life tests to determine how long it could last on a single charge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What is the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless?
A: The Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless is a premium wireless gaming headset designed to provide immersive and high-quality sound experiences for gamers.
Q2: What platforms is the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless compatible with?
A: The headset is compatible with PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and mobile devices.
Q3: How long does the battery life last on the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless?
A: The headset boasts a 10-hour battery life, perfect for long gaming sessions.
Q4: Does the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless have DTS headphone: X 7.1 surround sound technology?
A: Yes, the Elite 800 wireless headphones feature DTS surround sound modes and active noise cancellation for an immersive gaming experience.
Q5: Can I use the headset to answer calls?
A: Yes, the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless has a built-in microphone and is Bluetooth compatible, allowing you to answer calls while using the headset.
Q6: Is the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless comfort optimized?
A: Yes, the headset is designed with comfort in mind. It features a synthetic leather-wrapped headband and ear cushions for optimal comfort during long hours of gaming.
Q7: Can I customize the settings of the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless?
A: Yes, with the Turtle Beach Audio Hub app you can adjust the audio settings and presets to customize your audio experience.
Q8: What’s included in the box when I purchase a Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless?
A: The box includes the Elite 800 Wireless Headset, the wireless transmitter/charging base, a USB transmitter cable, a mobile cable, a digital optical cable, a USB programming cable, and a user guide.
Q9: How do I charge my Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless?
A: You can charge your Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless by simply docking it in the included transmitter/charging base. A complete charge takes approximately 3 hours.
Q10: Is it possible to update the firmware of the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless?
A: Yes, the firmware can be updated via the Turtle Beach Audio Hub when connected to a PC or MAC. You are advised to keep the headset’s firmware up-to-date for the best performance.
In conclusion, the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless stands out as an exceptional gaming headset, offering top-tier audio performance and an immersive gaming experience. Its gaming performance impresses, providing accurate positional audio cues and enhancing the overall gaming immersion.
Audio quality remains superb, delivering rich and detailed sound across various content, be it gaming soundtracks, music, or movies. The headset’s customizable audio settings and presets further elevate the audio experience to suit individual preferences.
Design-wise, the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless exudes premium aesthetics and build quality, making it a comfortable and durable gaming companion for extended use and portability.
Comfort and fit remain satisfactory, allowing for extended gaming sessions without discomfort or fatigue. The noise isolation capabilities effectively block out external distractions, enhancing the audio immersion.
Wireless connectivity provides a stable and reliable connection, while the battery life offers sufficient runtime for prolonged gaming sessions without frequent recharging.
In summary, the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless offers a compelling audio solution for gamers seeking superior sound quality, comfort, and immersive gaming experiences. Whether you’re competing in intense multiplayer battles or exploring expansive gaming worlds, the Turtle Beach Elite 800 Wireless promises to be a formidable gaming headset that brings your audio encounters to the forefront of excellence.