If small parts of your FrontPage Web change frequently, you can save a lot of time by inserting variables with the Substitution Bot. Any time you need to change the text you just update the variable’s value. Try this tip in FrontPage 2000:
- From the Tools menu, click Web Settings.
- On the Parameters tab, click Add.
- In the Name box, type the name of the variable (for example, price).
- In the Value box, type the value you want the variable to represent (for example $5.95).
- Click the OK buttons to close the dialog boxes.
- Open a Web page in Normal view and put your cursor where you want the text to appear.
- From the Insert menu, click Component > Substitution.
- In the combo box, select the variable name and then click OK. The value appears in your page.
Notice that when you view the source code, you are actually using the Substitution Bot:
From now on, you can change the variable’s value by going to Tools > Web Settings > Parameters. That one change will replicate through all your pages that contain the variable.