I also want to know how to create a title screen, then give it a delay to wait load the program…sort of how windows loads (first you see the Windows screen..then it goes away and windows loads).
Here’s what you need to do:
- Create a form with a Timer control and an Image control that fills the form.
- To make the form look correct as a “splash screen”, do the following to the form:
- Set the Align property of the image control to Top or Bottom, and drag the control so it fills up the form.
- Set the border style to Fixed Single
- Delete the caption.
- Set the ControlBox, Minimize, and Maximize properties to False
- Set the Delay property of the Timer to the number of milliseconds (1000 milliseconds per second) you want the delay to be for. Do that in the Properties window for the Timer.
- As far as code, in the Timer_Timer event, put in the following lines of code
Timer.Delay = 0 ‘ This disables the timer that was running Unload Me NewForm.Show ‘ NewForm is the next window that should be ‘ loaded for the application.
- If you want to allow the user to click on the splash screen to make it go away, put the same code into the Image_Click event. That’s always a nice feature to add so that experienced users don’t have to wait for the screen to go away.