How can I share a CD-ROM volume on a NetWare server?
Configuring, installing and sharing a CD-ROM volume on a Novell NetWare fileserver is done by a loading a series of NLMs on the server.
Before you can use CD-ROMs, your file server should come equipped with aCD-ROM drive. Typically, this drive would be attached to the SCSI bus. Usethe following simple commands to load the NLMs.
- Load the SCSI driver for the CD-ROM. For instance, on a Compaq server,you would type:
LOAD CPQSCD.NLMat the server’s console.
- Next, load any specialized drivers, such as the ASPI or SCSI interfacedrivers. Refer to your drive’s documentation to determine the correctdriver to load.
- You are now ready to load Novell’s CD-ROM interface NLM. Simply type:
LOAD CDROMat the console.
- You can now type
CD HELPto list the available commands. Some of thecommon ones are as follows:
CD DEVICE LIST
- List the available CD ROM devices and device numbers
- Mount a CD-ROM volume
- Dismount a volume
- To view the contents of a mounted CD ROM volume.