A dedicated server is hosting in which the client receives a separate physical machine for hosting websites, databases, and other information belonging to the person renting it. In this article, you will understand what a dedicated server is, the meaning of a dedicated server, and if you need a dedicated server for your website.
Full administrative access (root) and equipment control is provided to the client. The tenant manages the equipment at the system and administrative level, uses the installed operating system, or can install and configure its own OS, connects users, and conducts the necessary tests.
When an Internet company achieves a certain stage of development and standard hosting becomes insufficient, it is necessary and right to rent a dedicated server to ensure that the project can continue to function normally and fully.
The following are the primary benefits of leasing a dedicated server from is*hosting:
- The need for high performance;
- large traffic;
- enhanced site security and reliability needs;
- and non-standard server setup.
Advantages of a Dedicated Server
The obvious advantages of using dedicated servers include the following:
- The entire working capacity of the equipment is available to a single user. This allows you to implement projects of any scale, format, and complexity.
- The tenant gets full control over the server, configures databases according to their requirements, and gets access to all resources: RDP, SFTP, or SSH access, administrator rights, and the ability to use any OS.
- Dedicated server resources are quite large, besides, they do not have to be shared with other users, which guarantees the stability of work.
- The ability to separately place sites or databases allows you to maintain access even during technical work constantly.
- The security of a dedicated server is much higher than when using other options.
- High speed.
- Dedicated hosting is optimal for applications that require a significant amount of resources. Or those that cannot work on the same machine with other projects.
- Fixed, known in the advance amount of payment.
You can find more info on the dedicated server meaning and its functions on ishosting.com/en/dedicated.
The power of some VPS is comparable to inexpensive dedicated hosting offers. But dedicated physical servers have other advantages over virtual counterparts. The most important benefit is full manageability and independence from other users. VPS solutions provide for the simultaneous use of a physical server by many users, while in dedicated hosting, the capacity of the hard disk, processing power, and memory are at the disposal of only one user.
Disadvantages include the need for server configuration and administration skills, slow scaling, and upgrades. The reasonably high cost of the lease is justified not only by the reliability of the server but also by saving costs for the purchase and maintenance of own equipment. The time required for the existence of the project is paid.
Many hosting providers provide the option of renting a dedicated server. But before you purchase one from one provider over another, we advise that you get familiar with the key selection factors. This way, your Internet project may function successfully in the chosen provider’s data center.