his insider’s resource, written by the Oracle XML Development Team, explains how to take full advantage of the Oracle XML Developer’s Kit (XDKs) and maximize Oracle9i’s XML-enabled features.
Create and deploy cross-platform, transaction-based applications on Oracle9i with XML?the industry standard for describing data for e-business application integration and business-to-business exchanges. Learn from real-world case studies illustrating how Oracle customers make the most of the built-in XML-enabled features.
- Take advantage of the Oracle9i XML infrastructure and XML Developer Kit (XDK)
- Use the parsers,processors,generators,viewers,and utilities included in the XDK
- Develop robust Oracle9i applications with Java XML components
- Maximize the new built-in XML SQL and PL/SQL functions and XML-based messaging capabilities
- Understand the differences between Oracle Application Server (OAS) and Oracle9i Application Server (Oracle9iAS)
- Develop and deploy transaction-oriented applications for OAS and Oracle9iAS
- Enable enterprisewide access to XML documents by storing them in the Internet File System (iFS)
- Manage diverse types of data?text,images,audio,and video?as data types by using OracleText
- Develop Web-enabled e-business applications with the Oracle e-Business XML Services component
Chapter 8, “Oracle and XML in Action,” delves into the uses for the XML SQL Utility and the Oracle XSQL Servlet.
Reproduced from Oracle9i XML Handbook by permission of Osborne/McGraw-Hill. ISBN 007213495, copyright 2002. All rights reserved.