More Details About Windows Metro App Distribution

More Details About Windows Metro App Distribution

A new primer on Microsoft’s website offers more details about software distribution for Windows 8. Traditional desktop apps will continue to be distributed all the ways they are today (retail stores, downloads, etc.), but “Metro” apps will be “distributed through the Windows Store,” says the primer. “Apps must pass certification so that users download and try apps with confidence in their safety and privacy. Side-loading is available for enterprises and developers.”

Like most other apps stores, the Windows store will take a 30 percent cut of Metro app sales, with developers keeping the other 70 percent.

View article


About Our Editorial Process

At DevX, we’re dedicated to tech entrepreneurship. Our team closely follows industry shifts, new products, AI breakthroughs, technology trends, and funding announcements. Articles undergo thorough editing to ensure accuracy and clarity, reflecting DevX’s style and supporting entrepreneurs in the tech sphere.

See our full editorial policy.

About Our Journalist