At its AWS Summit, Amazon Web Services, which is currently celebrating its tenth year of operations, unveiled a slew of new cloud computing features and services. They included the following:
- The AWS Edge network, which has more than 50 locations, will accelerate data transfers to the S3 storage service.
- The Amazon Inspector automated security assessment service is now generally available.
- The Amazon Elastic Block Store has two new HDD-based storage options.
- Anew 80TB Snowball appliance simplifies the process of moving data in and out of Amazon’s cloud storage services.
- Amazon has a new mobile development feature that enables remote access to smartphones and tablets for testing.