A new survey from IBM finds that companies that have deployed hybrid clouds are using them to launch other cutting-edge initiatives in areas like the Internet of Things (IoT) and cognitive computing. “While we know that hybrid is the norm now, what’s revealing in this study is that leading companies use hybrid cloud to their advantage to get ahead with emerging technologies like cognitive or IoT?areas where disruption is going to impact business results and market leadership,” said Cynthya Peranandam, a principal at the IBM Center for Applied Insights.
Other key findings from the survey included the following:
- Two-thirds of organizations with hybrid cloud computing environments say it gives them a competitive advantage.
- 80% of respondents said hybrid cloud helps reduce shadow IT.
- 85% of respondents said hybrid cloud drives more collaboration between IT and the business.
- 80% of respondents said hybrid cloud improves security.
- 80% of respondents said hybrid cloud helps ensure availability of critical data.
- 62% of respondents said hybrid cloud helps them meet compliance requirements.