CIO Strategic Marketing Services and Triangle Publishing Services have released “The Connected Enterprise: Keeping Pace with Mobile Development,” a new Oracle-sponsored report based on a worldwide survey. Key takeaways from the report include the following:
- Development teams spend only 29 percent of their time on front-end mobile app development; the rest is spent on integration, security, quality assurance testing and design.
- 35 percent of organizations update their mobile apps monthly; 34 percent update quarterly.
- 82 percent of those surveyed expect to update apps more frequently over the next two years.
- 34 percent of enterprise mobile apps are focused on external customers, compared to 27 percent on employees, 24 percent on executives and 15 percent on suppliers.
- 75 percent of those surveyed said cloud computing was very important for mobile development.