Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster has released the results of a new CIO survey that asked questions about mobility, cloud computing, spending priorities and storage. Key takeaways include the following:
- 98 percent of enterprises support iOS devices on their corporate networks, compared to 79 percent who support Android, 58 percent who support Windows Phone and 24 percent who support BlackBerry.
- 89 percent of enterprises give iOS devices to workers, compared to 55 percent for Android, 30 percent for Windows/Windows Phone and 25 percent for BlackBerry.
- 50 percent of enterprises plan to deploy tablets in 2015.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the most preferred cloud computing provider, selected by 35 percent of CIOs, followed by Microsoft Azure (21 percent), Rackspace (16 percent) and Google Cloud Platform (7 percent).
- NetApp and EMC are the top preferred storage vendors.
- 75 percent of CIOs plan to increase their security budget this year, and security is the top spending priority.