Cloud computing vendor Rackspace has released a new survey that takes a look at DevOps in the enterprise. Its findings include the following:
- Only 14 percent of respondents are not using any DevOps processes or approaches.
- 86 percent of U.S. respondents are familiar with DevOps, compared to 70 percent in Australia and 68 percent in the U.K.
- Among organizations implementing DevOps, 43 percent said operations led the move, while 17 percent said the enterprise application development team lead the change.
- The key hurdles to DevOps implementation are resistance to change in the operations team (37 percent) and resistance to change on the development team (32 percent).
- 56 percent of respondents say DevOps is a software development process; 26 percent of respondents say DevOps is a cultural movement.