A new survey from Chef finds that developers believe they have a lot of clout within their organizations and society as a whole. In fact, 63 percent said their occupation was contributing to the upward movement of society. A full 94 percent said they see developers as a “revolutionary influence,” and 93 percent said they feel their organization empowers them to experiment.
Other key findings included the following:
- 69 percent said their occupation is “recession-proof.”
- 84 percent said they are paid what they are worth.
- A majority expect to be millionaires someday.
- 97 percent said their relationship with IT operations personnel and system admins is positive.
- 82 percent said they are more satisfied with their jobs than non-developers who work for the same company.
- On average, they expect to remain at their current place of employment for nine years.