Recently, many within the tech industry have commented that enterprise developers need to learn a few things from consumer app developers in general and the mobile development industry in particular. But Shane Schick from FierceDeveloper writes that there are a few things consumer developers could learn from their enterprise counterparts as well. Here’s his list:
- The importance of analytics: “If it can’t be measured, it can’t be managed.”
- “Monetization is a must”: Don’t release an app unless the profit motive or ROI is clear.
- The help desk shouldn’t be hidden: Most enterprise apps get this right, but few consumer apps make it easy to get support.
- “Testing is standardized”: Getting the code right before you release really is a better way to go.
- “‘Mobile first’ doesn’t mean ‘rest of business last'”: Even if you run a one-person mobile development shop, you can’t afford to ignore marketing, R&D, and the other aspects of running a business.