DO recordsets have a handy little method called GetString that they inherited from RDO’s GetClipString. GetString returns the contents of a recordset into a formatted string. Here are three useful ways to use GetString. The official syntax of GetString is:
String= recordset.GetString([StringFormat], [NumRows],
[ColumnDelimiter], [RowDelimiter], [NullExpr])
|StringFormat||Currently the only supported format is AdClipString, which returns a row and column delimited string|
|NumRows||The number of rows to be returned|
|ColumnDelimiter||The character inserted between columns. It is not inserted before the first column, or after the last column. The default is a Tab character|
|RowDelimiter||The character inserted between rows. It is not inserted before the first row, or after the last row. The default is a Carriage Return character.|
|NullExpr||Expression to be used in place of a Null value. The default is an empty string|
An important thing to note about GetString is that it reads the recordset by moving the cursor from its current position to the end of the recordset. Therefore you should:
- Make sure the cursor is at a valid record before calling GetString.
- Save the current cursor position if you want to return to it.
- Move to the first record if you want read the entire recordset.
- Move to a valid record after GetString moves the cursor to the EOF after reading the last record.
To view the contents of a recordset quickly while in break mode, simply type into the Immediate window:
This will return the data in a table format using the default tab and carriage return delimiters. Remember to move back to the beginning of the recordset after you are done.
To display quickly the contents of a recordset in a MSFlexGrid, follow these steps:
1. Dimension the grid by setting the Cols property to the amount of fields in the recordset. Set the Rows property to either the estimated amount of rows or move to the last record to populate the RecordCount property. Note that not all recordsets support the RecordCount property and will always return -1.
2. Select all the rows and columns of the grid using the Rowsel and Colsel properties.
3. Set the Grid’s Clip property to the return value of GetStringHere’s sample code:
With Grid1 .Cols = rs.Fields.Count rs.MoveLast .Rows=rs.RecordCount rs.MoveFirst .Rowsel= .Rows-1 .Colsel = .Cols-1 .Clip= rs.GetStringEnd With
Quick Web Page
You can turn a recordset into an HTML table quickly and display it in a Web page. All you’ve got to do is specify HTML table tags as the row/column delimiter arguments of the GetString method. The
ColumnD = "
begin a row, begin a cell, this inserted after the ' last column on a row
and before the first column of the subsequent rowstrHeader="
|" 'begin the table, begin the first row, begin the first cellstrFooter= "|
As a fact, technology has touched every single aspect of our lives. And there are some technology giants in today’s world which have been frequently opined to have a strong influence on recent overall technological influence. Moreover, those tech giants have popular technology leaders leading the companies toward achieving greatness.
When it launched in 2008, the Apple App Store only had 500 apps available. By the first quarter of 2022, the store had about 2.18 million iOS-exclusive apps. Average monthly app releases for the platform reached 34,000 in the first half of 2022, indicating rapid growth in iOS app development.
Microsoft has gained its position as one of the top companies in the world, and Microsoft careers are flourishing. This multinational company is efficiently developing popular software and computers with other consumer electronics. It is a dream come true for so many people to acquire a high paid, high-prestige job