If you have never worked with online PDF tools before and try to convert PDF to Excel using Microsoft Office, you will encounter an unexpected challenge. It will not be possible to convert PDF directly into Microsoft Excel. You will have to use other programs and perform a lot of actions.
This may come as a surprise because the reverse conversion of Excel spreadsheets to PDF is very easy: you just save your file in PDF format. To avoid following a long and time-consuming path when converting PDF to Excel, use online PDF converters. With their help, this procedure will take you just a couple of seconds.
The Magic of Automation: How It Works
The process of how to convert PDF to Excel became significantly easier once the PDF format was no longer controlled by a single software provider. With the PDF becoming an open format, numerous software tools have been developed to facilitate this conversion quickly.
For comparison, imagine that previous users did this manually. They copied the text into PDF and pasted it into Excel, simultaneously changing certain parameters in the settings, which allowed this action to be performed correctly. Automation has made it possible to execute this task in just one click:
- Open the online PDF Converter in any browser.
- Create your account to keep all the files you work with.
- Find and activate the PDF to Excel option in the “Conversion from PDF” section.
- Upload your file to the window that opens.
You don’t have to do anything else, since the platform will automatically convert your file and download it to both your device and your PDF Converter account.
Pros of Converting PDF to Excel Using Online Converter
- High speed of conversion;
- Simplicity of all actions;
- Reliable protection of your files;
- The ability to perform many other actions with PDF files, for example, edit them, e-sign, password protect, etc.;
- Accessibility from any device and in any browser.
Choosing the Right PDF to Excel Converter
Knowing how to convert PDF to Excel is not enough these days. You also need to know how to choose the right tools. Most converters work on a subscription basis, and free versions set a limit on the number of conversions. But don’t rush to subscribe to the first PDF Converter you come across. Competition in this field is quite intense, so you have the opportunity to choose the best provider of these services. When comparing different options, pay attention to the following factors:
- Wide range of advanced tools for working with PDF files;
- Possibility to test the service in free-trial mode;
- Ability to convert PDF to many other formats, and from them to PDF;
- The number of actions you need to perform to import PDF into Excel;
- No annoying advertising;
- Positive reviews on this service from other users on the Internet.
Efficiency in Data Extraction: Real-World Use Cases
You may need data extraction in the following cases:
- Data consolidation for long-term storage;
- Data processing in the case of their secondary analysis;
- Data refinement for their homogenization and further analysis.
To perform all these tasks, you will need to open PDF in Excel, since Excel is an ideal data integration tool, and PDF does an excellent job of their representation.
Data extraction may be required by companies operating in a variety of fields. In healthcare, data extraction is performed to compile patient databases based on information taken from other sources. At the same time, social media managers do it to understand the audience based on the analysis of statistical data. In e-commerce, data extraction helps conduct demand analytics and forecast industry trends.
Whenever you need to convert PDF to Excel, there are many online services available at your disposal. If this is a one-time or irregular task that you perform, you can turn to the services of free PDF converters. But if you regularly need to convert any format to PDF or vice versa, it is better to subscribe to a reliable and advanced service that will give you many other options to improve your PDF files.