Hi, I have set up SMTP and I’m trying to send e-mail. It appears to work, and reports no errors, but the mail is not sent to the recipient, just placed in the mail directory on the NT box.
There are a few places where you can look for clues as to why the messages aren’t beingdelivered. Here are some suggestions:
- Check the log files in c:winntsystem32logfilessmtpsvc1. There should be a report of activity by day, week, or month, depending on your settings.
- Look for a non-delivery report (NDR). In the SMTP site properties page, on the Messages tab, put your own e-mail address in the “Send a copy of non-delivery report to:” box.
- Make sure your Domain Name Server address is set up correctly. The SMTP service needs it.
- Make sure you have a Fully qualified domain name in the Delivery tab of the SMTP site properties page.
- Use Outlook Express to connect and send a test message to the SMTP service. You may get a returned error message that you aren’t seeing via CDONTS.NewMail.