devxlogo

Applet Filename Change Problem

Applet Filename Change Problem

Question:
I have a Java applet I got off the Internet that I want to use on my server. I have tested it on mycomputer and it works fine, but my server only allows three-letter extensions, so when I load the files onto the server, it doesn’t recognize the applet file.

Answer:
To get around this, either store the applet files in a .zip file, a .cab file, or a .jar file, depending on the types of browsers you planon supporting. I suggest storing the files in an uncompressed zip file to support the largest number of clients. Then use the archive option of the applet tag. To support both .zip and .cab filebrowsers, you could do something like the following:

See also  Small Business Strategies with Venmo
devxblackblue

About Our Editorial Process

At DevX, we’re dedicated to tech entrepreneurship. Our team closely follows industry shifts, new products, AI breakthroughs, technology trends, and funding announcements. Articles undergo thorough editing to ensure accuracy and clarity, reflecting DevX’s style and supporting entrepreneurs in the tech sphere.

See our full editorial policy.

About Our Journalist