In the world of laptops, versatility and performance are highly sought-after qualities, and the Lenovo Yoga 720-15 delivers on both fronts. This powerful 2-in-1 convertible laptop offers a perfect blend of performance, portability, and a host of impressive features.
With its 15.6-inch Full HD IPS touchscreen display, Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor, 8GB of RAM, and a lightning-fast 256GB SSD, the Yoga 720-15 is designed to handle the demands of both work and play.
What is the Lenovo Yoga 720-15
The Lenovo Yoga 720-15 is a powerful and versatile laptop that offers a great combination of performance, portability, and features. It has a 15.6-inch Full HD IPS touchscreen display, an Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor, 8GB of RAM, and a 256GB SSD.
It also has a backlit keyboard, a fingerprint reader, and a Thunderbolt 3 port. With its slim and lightweight design, the Yoga 720-15 is perfect for those who need a laptop that can handle both work and play.
- Processor: Up to 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 Processor
- Operating System: Up to Windows 10 Pro
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050
- Memory: Up to 16 GB DDR4
- Storage: Up to 1 TB PCIe SSD
- Display: 15.6″ UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Touchscreen
- Battery: Up to 8 hours with standard 6-cell battery
- Audio: JBL® speakers with Dolby Audio™ Premium
- Weight: Starting at 4.4 lbs (2 kg)
- Connectivity: 2 x USB Type-C with Thunderbolt, 1 x USB 3.0
You may want to use it for…
The Lenovo Yoga 720-15 is a versatile 2-in-1 convertible laptop. Depending on your needs and uses, you can utilize it in many different ways.
1. Professional Work: With its powerful processor and enough memory, you can use it for professional work like software developing, designing, database management, video editing, and much more. It also has a webcam for video conferencing.
2. Education: It’s light and portable, making it a great tool for students. It’s capable of running programs needed for engineering, coding, and design courses. Also, its ‘tablet mode’ can be useful for note-taking and reading purposes.
3. Media Consumption: The Yoga 720-15 has a 15.6″ Full-HD touchscreen display which is perfect for watching movies, playing games, and streaming content.
4. Content Creation: It can be used for graphic design, video editing, animation, or music production as it can handle demanding applications like Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Illustrator. Its touchscreen and stylus support makes it more suitable for this kind of activity.
5. Personal and Home Use: This includes web browsing, emailing, social media, home accounting, and other common tasks. Its ability to be used as both a laptop and a tablet makes it a valuable tool for the whole family.
6. On-the-Go Use: Given it has multiple modes (laptop, tent, stand, or tablet mode), this adds to the mobility of the device, making it suitable for professionals who are often traveling or moving around, and need a versatile piece of tech.
Pros and Cons
The Lenovo Yoga 720-15 is a versatile, highly functional 2-in-one laptop. Like any gadget, it has its strengths and weaknesses.
- Powerful Performance: The Yoga 720-15 comes with high-end processing chips, keen on providing top-notch performance. It boasts a 7th Gen Intel Core processor that’s suitable for multitasking, gaming, and other intensive tasks.
- Versatility: The 2-in-1 design is a standout feature of Lenovo’s Yoga series. It allows you to flip the screen back fully and use the device as a tablet. Also, it can be configured into various modes (Tent, Stand, Laptop, Tablet) making it a versatile device for different usage scenarios.
- Screen Quality: The Yoga 720-15 offers a vibrant display with an optional 4K screen with great color accuracy and sharp details.
- Build Quality: This laptop has an aluminum casing, giving it robust build quality, as well as a sleek, professional look.
- Good Graphics: It comes with a dedicated graphics card (NVIDIA GTX 1050), which is not very common in 2-in-1 laptops. This makes it suitable for tasks like moderate gaming, video editing, etc.
- Weight: As compared to many other laptops in the same category, the Yoga 720-15 is on the heavier side, which can make portability an issue.
- Battery Life: The laptop’s high-performance features and 4K display take a toll on its battery life. It may not last as long on a single charge as some of its competitors might.
- Lack of Ports: Unlike some of its competitors, the Yoga 720-15 doesn’t offer a wide variety of ports. It does not have an HDMI port, an SD card reader, or an Ethernet port. But it does include a Thunderbolt 3 USB-C port for high-speed data transfers.
- Price: Given its high performance and sleek design, the Yoga 720-15 comes with a relatively high price tag as compared to other laptops in its category.
- Fan Noise: Some users have reported the laptop to have a loud fan noise under heavy usage which can be distracting. As with any computer purchase, the appropriateness of this device will depend on your specific needs and preferences.
How we tested
In evaluating the Lenovo Yoga 720-15 laptop, our team of experts embarked on a rigorous and comprehensive testing process, leaving no stone unturned to assess its performance, versatility, and overall value as a 2-in-1 convertible laptop. Our goal was to provide you, the reader, with an in-depth understanding of what this laptop truly brings to the table.
- Performance: To gauge the laptop’s capabilities, we put it through its paces with a variety of tasks. From web browsing and multitasking to video streaming and photo editing, we scrutinized how well it handled the demands of everyday computing. Furthermore, we conducted benchmark tests to delve deep into its processing power, ensuring we had a clear picture of its overall performance.
- Display and Touchscreen: The 15.6-inch Full HD IPS touchscreen display was a focal point of our evaluation. We meticulously assessed its color accuracy, brightness levels, and responsiveness, ensuring that it provided an optimal visual experience. In our pursuit of user-friendliness, we thoroughly examined how the touchscreen functioned for tasks like drawing and navigating through applications.
- Processor and Graphics: Given its Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor, we were eager to see how this laptop fared with demanding applications and graphics-intensive tasks. While the Yoga 720-15 lacks a dedicated graphics card, we put the integrated graphics through its paces, especially in the realm of casual gaming and multimedia activities.
- Storage and Memory: The 256GB SSD was put through its paces with rigorous tests to assess its read and write speeds. We wanted to ascertain just how efficiently the laptop booted up and loaded applications. Additionally, we scrutinized the 8GB of RAM’s performance, pushing it in multitasking scenarios to ensure seamless transitions between tasks.
- Design and Portability: As aesthetics play a crucial role in the user experience, we assessed the laptop’s build quality and design aesthetics. Its sleek, all-aluminum body was examined for robustness, and we carefully considered its overall portability. The laptop’s weight, thickness, and ease of carrying around for on-the-go use were factors taken into account.
- Battery Life: A laptop’s endurance is vital, and we conducted meticulous battery life tests under various scenarios. From casual web browsing and video playback to productivity tasks, we assessed how long the laptop would last on a single charge, providing valuable insights into its battery performance.
- Features and Connectivity: In our endeavor to evaluate the overall user experience, we closely examined the presence and functionality of features such as the backlit keyboard, fingerprint reader, and the coveted Thunderbolt 3 port. We sought to determine how these features enhanced usability and contributed to the laptop’s overall appeal.
- Value and Price: Lastly, we undertook a detailed comparison of the Lenovo Yoga 720-15’s performance, features, and price against its competitors. We sought to provide a well-rounded understanding of its value proposition in the ever-evolving laptop market.
One of the competitors to the Lenovo Yoga 720-15 is the HP Spectre x360. The HP Spectre x360 also offers a 2-in-1 design, allowing consumers to utilize it as both a tablet and a laptop. This model offers similar specifications to the Lenovo Yoga, including an Intel Core i7 processor, up to 16GB of RAM, and a 15.6-inch 4K resolution display. The Spectre, however, tends to have a longer battery life than the Yoga. In terms of design, while the Yoga boasts a sleek, all-aluminum body, the Spectre features a unique gem-cut design, making it more eye-catching.
Another model that competes with the Lenovo Yoga 720-15 is the Dell XPS 15 2-in-1. This model not only offers the versatility of a 2-in-1 design but also comes with a powerful Intel Core i7 processor and AMD Radeon RX Vega graphics, which may provide superior graphic performance compared to the Yoga’s NVIDIA GeForce graphics. Furthermore, the Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 has a smaller, more compact design, yet still offers a similar 15.6-inch 4K display. Its InfinityEdge display is particularly noteworthy for offering vibrant colors and sharp details, potentially outperforming Yoga\’s display quality.
The Microsoft Surface Book 2 is also a significant competitor to the Lenovo Yoga 720-15. Similar specifications are offered, including an Intel Core i7 processor, up to 16 GB of RAM, and a 15-inch display. However, the Surface Book 2 offers a detachable design, allowing for greater flexibility in its use. In terms of graphics, it\’s equipped with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, offering a level of graphic performance that matches, if not surpasses, that of the Yoga. On the downside though, the Surface Book 2 comes at a much higher price point than the Lenovo Yoga 720-15, making it a less affordable option.
- Performance: With its 7th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor and 16GB DDR4 RAM, Lenovo Yoga 720-15 provides powerful performance which makes multitasking super smooth and efficient. Whether you\’re playing games, streaming media, or working on multiple applications simultaneously, it\’s built to handle it all.
- Display: Lenovo Yoga 720-15 comes with a 15.6-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Touchscreen display, which imparts vibrant colors and crisp visuals from any viewing angle. A great feature for designers, photographers, and any users who appreciate a great screen.
- Flexibility and Portability: This 2-in-1 laptop can be flipped, folded, and bent to use in four different modes: laptop, tent, stand, and tablet. Weighing only 4.4 lbs and with a thickness of just 0.75″, it is also highly portable making it a great choice for users who are always on-the-go.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the key features of the Lenovo Yoga 720-15?
A: Key features include a 7th Generation Intel Core i7 processors, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics, up to 16 GB RAM, up to 1TB PCIe SSD, a built-in fingerprint reader, and a battery life up to 8 hours.
Q: Does the Lenovo Yoga 720-15 come with Windows operating system?
A: Yes, it comes with Windows 10 Home 64-bit.Q: Will I be able to upgrade the RAM or storage in Lenovo Yoga 720-15?A: The RAM in this model is soldered to the motherboard, therefore, it is not user upgradeable. However, the SSD storage is upgradable.
Q: Can I use the Lenovo Yoga 720-15 for gaming?
A: Yes, you can. With its NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics, it’s capable of running most modern games at medium to high settings.
Q: How does the touch screen functionality of Lenovo Yoga 720-15 work?
A: The touchscreen functionality is responsive and easy to use. You can use your fingers to perform actions like tapping to select, dragging to move items, pinching to zoom in and out, and more.
Q: Can I use a digital pen on Lenovo Yoga 720-15?
A: Yes, the Yoga 720-15 is compatible with Lenovo’s Active Pen 2 for drawing and writing.
Q: Is there a warranty included with the purchase of Lenovo Yoga 720-15?
A: Yes, a one-year limited warranty is included with the purchase.
Q: Can I use the Lenovo Yoga 720-15 as a tablet?
A: Yes, thanks to the 360 degree hinge, the Lenovo Yoga 720-15 can be used in several modes, including as a tablet.
Q: What port connections does the Lenovo Yoga 720-15 offer?
A: The Lenovo Yoga 720-15 includes a USB Type-C with Thunderbolt, two USB 3.0 Type-A, an audio jack, and a full-size HDMI output.
The Lenovo Yoga 720-15 is a great laptop for those who need a powerful and versatile machine. It has a powerful processor and graphics card, a slim and lightweight design, and great battery life.
It is a bit expensive, but it is worth the price for those who need a laptop that can handle both work and play. It is a great alternative to the more expensive Dell XPS 15, HP Spectre x360, Microsoft Surface Book 2, and Apple MacBook Pro.
See All Reviewed Laptops
|Laptop Name||Processor||Ram||Pricing||Our Review||Link|
Acer Swift 3 SF315-41G
|AMD Ryzen 5-2500 U||8GB||$1400||See Review||Buy Here|
Acer Aspire Nitro 7
|Intel Core i7-9750H||16GB||$1599||See Review||Buy Here|
Asus ROG Strix SCAR II GL704GM
|8th generation Intel Core i7||16GB||$2200||See Review||Buy Here|
|Dell 15 3000||9th generation Intel Core||4GB||$300||See Review||Buy Here|
|Acer Aspire A717-72g||9th generation Intel Core i7||6GB||$799||See Review||Buy Here|
|Lenovo Ideapad 720s-15||Quad-core Intel Core i7||8GB||$700||See Review||Buy Here|
Lenovo Thinkpad e585
|AMD Ryzen||8GB||$799||See Review||Buy Here|
|MSI Gaming GS63||Quad-core Intel Core i7||16GB||$1400||See Review||Buy Here|
|Lenovo Ideapad 330-15||AMD Radeon R5||8GB||$400||See Review||Buy Here|
Dell Inspiron 15 5585
|AMD Ryzen or Intel Core||16GB||$499||See Review||Buy Here|
|Lenovo IdeaPad L340-15||Intel Core i5-9300H||8GB||$819||See Review||Buy Here|
|Lenovo Yoga 720-15||Intel Core i7-7700HQ||8GB||$1989||See Review||Buy Here|