CIO put together a list of the six most promising new languages, along with the reasons why experts say they may soon become more popular. They include the following:
- Opa—It simplifies the creation of complex Web applications.
- Scala—It's highly scalable, works with Java and is popular with enterprise application development teams.
- Erlang—It isn't exactly new, but it's concurrency features are making it newly popular.
- Ceylon—Red Hat designed it to replace Java.
- Go—It's excellent for cloud computing projects.