ava developers, here’s your chance to survey the scope of J2ME (Java 2 Micro Edition) knowledge in one solidly written reference. Discover the basic architecture and functionality of J2ME and how it differs from J2SE and J2EE. Build a J2ME database with coverage of essentials such as commands, items, event processing, and low- and high-level display interfaces. Learn the advanced aspects of mobile development–plus, get in-depth coverage of security, Web services, information management, and storage. Whatever your experience level, J2ME: The Complete Reference is your essential one-stop resource for understanding and utilizing J2ME to build mobile applications and services.
- Understand the organization, configurations, and profiles of J2ME, including the new PIM API
- Review small computing technology, including wireless, mobile radio networks, PDAs, and more
- Navigate J2ME architecture and the development environment
- Limit memory use, simplify user interface, minimize network traffic, and use best practices
- Write, record, sort, read, search, and store records
- Manage data and understand database concepts
- Anticipate mobile application uses for Web services, information management, and other key functions
- Work with HTTP connections, and networking and Web services
Download the PDF of Chapter 9: “J2ME Database Concepts”
Reproduced from J2ME: The Complete Reference by permission of Osborne/McGraw-Hill. ISBN 0-07-222710-9, copyright 2003. All rights reserved.