Enterprises application development teams often shy away from "cutting edge" programming techniques. Large organizations often look for very stable solutions—after all, no one wants to slide from leading edge to "bleeding" edge.
However, InfoWorld's Peter Wayner says these seven somewhat experimental techniques are worth exploring because their potential benefits to enterprises are more significant than their drawbacks.
- Erlang for clean concurrency
- The Node.js Web stack
- HTML5 Web and mobile apps
- Chewing up data with R
- Tapping the speed of NoSQL
- Finding connections with graph databases
- Simplifying structure with Go